A lonely, isolated young professional (Edward Norton) who real name is never disclosed in the whole movie seeks an escape from his tiresome existence with the help of a devil-may-care soap maker Tyler Durden played by Brad Pitt. Let’s see some mind blowing and interesting facts that you may not know about the movie.
This is your life and it’s ending one minute at a time.
Tyler’s FBI warning
1) At the beginning of the movie, after the traditional copyright warning, there is a second warning that flashes for a second.
2) Before shooting of the movie, Brad Pitt and Edward Norton actually took learning classes for boxing and soap-making.
3) You can see Tyler Durden flashing on screen four times in the movie before we actually meet him as a character.
4) The breath in the cave scene of the movie is actually Leonardo Di Caprio’s breath from Titanic, which is composited into the shot.
5) Helena Bonham Carter, she is 5’2” and during film she wore huge platform shoes to match in height to 5-foot-11-inch Brad Pitt and 6-foot Edward Norton.
6) She also insisted her makeup artist do all her makeup left-handed, because she thought the character of Marla wouldn’t care about, or be good at, that kind of thing.
If I did have a tumor, I’d name it Marla.
Let’s have a break
7) According to Director David Fincher, there is at least one Starbucks cup visible in every scene in the movie.
8) Brad Pitt and Helena Bonham Carter spent three days recording orgasm sounds for their unseen sex scenes.
It’s only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything.
That hurts. Really.
9) In the scene where the narrator first punches Tyler Durden, he was supposed to fake-hit Brad Pitt but at the last minute, the director David Fincher told him to punch Brad Pitt for real. Pitt’s wince of pain is real, and you can see Norton laughing about it.
10) In the diner scene when the Narrator asks Marla for, “15 seconds,” a bell is clearly heard after 15 seconds.
11) Almost every time in the movie characters Marla Singer or Tyler Durden after finishing a cigarette they just throw it away dramatically instead of putting it out.
Same Phone Number !
12) Marla Singer’s phone number is the same as Teddy’s number in the movie Memento. It is also the same as the Hong Kong Restaurant in Harriet the Spy (1996), Eddie Alden’s in Someone Like You… (2001) and a Mental institution in an episode of Millennium (1996).
13) When Tyler is giving a speech to the Fight Club, he looks directly at Jared Leto’s character when he mentions rockstars.
14) When Tyler Durden calls The Narrator back at the phone booth, when the camera slowly tracks in towards the phone you can see a notice saying “No incoming calls allowed.”
15) Prior to principal photography, Brad Pitt visited a dentist to have his front tooth chipped to make the movie look more realistic.
16) The movie contains several subtle hints about the special “relationship” between Tyler Durden and the narrator. For instance, when they both get on a bus together, the narrator only pays the fare for one person. Later in the movie, when they are together in a car that Tyler is driving, the narrator also gets out on the driver’s side.
That’s all for now. Do you know any other special fact about Fight Club. Mention it in comments.